Image Map

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I'm BACK! And With Lots of Color.

Hello friends! I'm so sorry for the two month hiatus. I plan to get back to my love and passion: Cocoa and Stella! I have lots to cover but first thing... outfit of the day!

Dress: JcPenney (only 18!); Belt: Vintage; Earrings: Sam Moon; Sandals: Target



I love this color block dress. I got it at JcPenney. You know I love my bargains. And now it's even cheaper than I paid for it, $18! It runs big. I'm wearing a 4 (my usual size) and it's a little big on me. The earrings are a great Sam Moon find for $4 (that just so happened to match perfectly.) My bangles are a random mix of old and new. And the awesome belt was my mom's from the 80's.


The color on my nails is Essie: Shelter Island. I decided to jazz up a nail. I love a good party nail. I buy the nail colors with the skinny brushes for nail designs.... and I have a steady hand. 


Last night I posted on Instagram about this stuff: 


Everyone was asking about it so I decided to write my own review. I did my research on self tanners. I read blogs, Instagram posts, etc. This took the prize with the best reviews. So I decided to give it a try. I'm super pale and with the warm weather, wedding season, and skin showing... well, something needed to be done. I justified paying $25 for this at Ulta because I would pay that much for one spray tan at a tanning salon. There are two things I hate about self tanners: the smell and orangey streaks. And reviews claimed that both of these were didn't happen. Here's what comes in the box: 


Tanning spray with pump, 2 latex gloves, and the mitt/applicator. So before I got started I watched a few YouTube videos with some silly/ditzy girls talking "spray tan." I combined there suggestions and got started. If you don't know anything about self tanner, always shower and exfoliate beforehand. One thing that might surprise you about myself is that I'm VERY impatient when it comes to beauty/makeup/hair. If it takes a long time, I'm out. Just one more reason to turn me off of this whole self tanning stuff. But this was super fast! I just sprayed on and rubbed in with the brown applicator/mitt. Except for the tops of my hands and feet, I sprayed on the applicator (brown side) and blotted it on. I also wore the blue latex gloves to avoid the orange hands. 

The results: 
It didn't smell. It didn't streak. The whole thing took 5 minutes. There wasn't a drastic difference but just enough (as in: no Snooki look). I will put another coat on before the weekend. I'm a fan. And I would definitely recommend it. Here's a "Before and After:" 

So not a huge difference but it definitely gave me a good glow. Now go get your self-tan on...

Until next time.... And it won't be that long.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment