Image Map

Friday, January 11, 2013

Feeling Colorful for Friday


What. A. Week. First (full) week back at work and super busy at that. I've challenged myself lately to stop cutback on wearing jeans to work. I have so many great dresses and skirts that I rarely wear because of our casual environment. You might have seen this skirt here. I've added tights and a simple cardigan. I love all the colors in this skirt.

Cardigan: Target (old); Skirt: H&M; Booties: Lucky Brand; Necklace: J. Crew


Yay Bracelet: Alex and Ani; Bracelet: J. Crew; Colorful Bracelet:  Not sure (Christmas gift); Heart Mug: West Elm

I finally spluged on the J. Crew pave link bracelet (a staple for every fashion blogger). Well actually it didn't cost me much- with a 30% discount and a nice gift card. But I love the silly thing.


Prabal Gurung for Target
I'm loving the sneak peek from Prabal Gurung for Target (see video below). I hope this is a much bigger success than the Neiman Marcus and Target collaboration. I think it wasn't as successful as they hoped because the price point was very high. It was very expensive for items that didn't "read" designer. When Target collaborated with Missoni, it was HUGE. But the print was Missoni, it was recognizable... it "read" Missoni. People know that chevron signature print from a mile away. My only concern with the Prabal Gurung line is that he is not a very well known designer but hopefully (from the sneak peak of the video) his colorful prints will win over the Target customer.



View more of the collection here.

Have a FABULOUS weekend!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment