Image Map

Friday, October 19, 2012

A Nod to the Dallas Barneys New York

With last week's announcement that the Dallas location of Barneys New York is closing, I thought I would dedicate this post to the store. I have some what of a personal connection to this store.



Once upon a time, way back in 2006, was the start of what was supposed to be the evolving change of Dallas fashion and Northpark center. Northpark had doubled in size, put a slew of designer stores in, and opened a Flagship Barneys New York! I was about to start my senior year of college and got hired onto the Barney's team right before the store opened. Having worked previously at Neiman Marcus for three years, I was pumped to start working at such an innovative fashion retailer. Unpacking boxes, attending many designer product knowledge meetings, and being part of a HUGE grand opening, were just a small part of my first store opening experience. At first, the store was a huge success, crawling with customers... as months passed, fewer and fewer customers browsed the racks. The Dallas luxury retail customer is loyal. And they are loyal to the Dallas mothership, Neiman Marcus. Their mother shopped there, their mother's mother shopped there, and they most likely have a personal story involving Stanley Marcus himself. I left Barneys a year later to pursue my career in NYC but Barneys never regained the volume and traffic. Unfortunately, they will be closing at the end of the year. It's such a beautiful store and a lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into building the store. If you haven't walked through the store, I suggest you do before it closes.

So today, I wore my first designer purchase from Barneys New York, one of my favorite Marni tops. It's six years old (vintage?) and I still love it! Marni is one of my favorite designers because of their unique designs, use of geometric shapes and patterns, as well as, excellent color. My necklace is also made by Marni.



I tried out a new look with my nails this week. Two accent nails! And I'm kind of loving it:

Top: Marni (old); Necklace: Marni (old); Watch: Michele; Bangles: Vintage





Have a great weekend!

Photobucket

1 comment: