Image Map

Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekend Recap- Halloween Edition

Weekend Casual





Sweater: Marshall's (old); Jeans: Gap (old); Purse: Elliott Lucca; Leather Owl Bracelet: Kerr Ranch; Shoes: Target


Sunday was a beautiful Fall day and I decided to head to a local art fair. I found this great vendor, Kerr Ranch, who sold these handmade leather bracelets. I can't resist some fun bracelets, especially if they're locally made and the lady who made them was adorable. Two bracelets later, I was a happy camper. And at only $15 a piece, I suggest you check out her website. She will also personalize them for you. What a cute gift idea! 


Now onto the weekend Halloween Festivities- 





I had an idea that I wanted to be a pin-up girl from the 1940's era. I had these great little shorts I bought over a year ago at, drumroll.... Kohl's (on clearance for like $12). I wore them a ton this summer but I thought, why not build my costume around the shorts?! Starting with the hat: I bought it for $5 at the Halloween store and added the anchor patch and star buttons. I bought the white button down shirt for $2 at a thrift store. I also bought the white shoes for $5 at the thrift store, adding a little patriotic bow. I made the square scarf from a piece of navy cotton, with a little Aileen's glue, ironing, gluing white ribbon, and ironing the gold stars on.... Voila! Some hot rollers in the hair, tons of hairspray, and red lipstick later.....










I was pretty happy with the way the outfit turned out! And on top of everything else, the whole thing cost around $25! I'm already thinking of ideas for next year. 



No Halloween would be complete without dressing up your pup. I tortured Cocoa a little by dressing her up. She was a lady bug. Poor thing.





Have a great week! 

Photobucket

1 comment: