Image Map

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

D.I.Y. Bracelet Display



First D.I.Y. Post! I've been looking forward to this... Like I mentioned in my first post- I love projects, crafts, anything you can make... Sign me up! It's my creative outlet.

Today I'm showing you how to make bracelet displays to hang on the wall. Like most girls, I have way too much jewelry. I was tired of digging though my drawers for bracelets and not being able to find what I was looking for. I had been scouting out Pinterest but couldn't find anything to suffice. So I came up with something on my own!.


I knew what I wanted to do and headed to Home Depot. On the wall hook aisle, I found a nice employee, told him what I wanted to do and he suggested hat and coat hangers for the wall because the hook went far enough away from the wall for the bracelets to move freely. At $2/piece, I bought six. Then headed over to the wooden dowel areas. I picked out two 5/8" dowels for $4/piece. I had them cut in half, making them 18" a piece.


Time to get the level out! I had bought Molly screws, but didn't bother with those. (Confession: I get really impatient with my projects and don't always do it super thorough BUT I do live in apartment and won't be staying here too long. Hopefully.)



Break out the pencil and some simple math. I marked up that wall pretty good. And a little trial and error.....



The first row is the hardest because this will be your guidance of the rods below. But from there it's smooth sailing. 30 minutes later.....



But that was a little too plain for me, so I decided it needed a little spray paint. (My father would be so proud, he spray painted everything.)


I'm a bad example here, spray painting in jewelry and decent clothes... NOT recommended.

Here is the finished project. TADA! I love it! It makes it so easy to just lift the bars off top and get the bracelet of your choice. I can even hang some smaller bracelets from the second hook.... I'm thinking I might need a 4th bar?



This project was super easy and took maybe a whole hour and a little over $20. Start to finish.

Be sure to send me pictures of your finished bracelet displays!



Photobucket

2 comments: