Image Map

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Vintage Shopping


Happy Hump Day! 

I'm loving this fall weather! For Texas this means no more 100 degree days and we're thankful for low 90's but this morning it was in the low 60's... Bring on the boots and sweater weather! So for today's post, I took it outdoors.





Outfit Breakdown
Shirt: Vintage from Buffalo Exchange $7 (!)
Belt: Vintage from a Vintage shop in Austin, Texas 
Trouser Jeans: Lucky Brand, old, similar here
Watch: Michele
Bracelets: old
Ring: Art festival find, made from an antique button

I love vintage shopping- the idea of finding a treasure amongst old junk is the best feeling! 
I don't like going to trendy "vintage" stores. You're going to get ripped off. The people did the dirty work for you and now they are up charging you because they put it in a cute store with a cute tag. For the real bargains I like flea markets (the junk sections), random thrift stores, garage and estate sales.

Now Buffalo Exchange is different. I love this place for many reasons. You can find great little designer finds (DVF, Marc Jacobs, Elizabeth and James, just to name a few I have found) for dirt cheap. Sometimes you even find true vintage finds, like the shirt I'm wearing above... ($7, what a steal!) But you have to be in the mood to dig and LOOK. I normally go through the racks looking at labels first (yes, I can be a label snob) and then the style. If I'm not in the mood, I don't bother. You can also sell your old clothes to them for cash or store credit. I always opt for the store credit because you get more back. And I always find some good treasures!

And can we just say I screamed when I found this belt. How perfect is this beauty?! It's Cocoa and Stella!

Have a great one!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. And I believe I pointed that belt out to you as a joke. Little did I know, Molly can ROCK a poodle belt like no one else! ;)

    PS--This is my fave outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/19/2012

    Seriously, come style meeee!!!!

    ReplyDelete