Image Map

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Splurge vs. Steal: Smoking Slippers


Smoking Slippers: Splurge vs. Steal
1. Prada 2. Target 3. Sam Edelman 4. Target 5. Jimmy Choo 6. Topshop 7. Valentino 8. Target


Today's "Splurge vs. Steal" is on a big Fall 2012 trend you're seeing everywhere:

This is a great example on how to save on trend shopping! For such a trendy item, like a smoking slipper, it's OK to buy a cheap pair of shoes- wear them one season and throw 'em out  if you want. No need to spend $900 when you can spend $20 and get a similar look.

I recently purchased a few pairs from Target and they look great in person! Cocoa liked them too.



I also have to mention, today is my Mother's Birthday! 
Happy Birthday Mama! 
She is the reason behind my love for all things fashion related. She taught me many things, but one thing for sure, she taught me how to find a good deal (and to never leave the house looking your best- or at least have blush, lipstick, and earrings on.) She is my best shopping partner and can usually out shop me. My father used to jokingly say, "Only thing you're going to teach Molly is how to shop." Well pretty ironic, I made it part of my career! Love you Mama!!
Mama and me at my BFF's wedding, 2 years ago.

Everyone have a great day! (It's nearly Friday!)

1 comment:

  1. Well darnit that made me tear up!! Love you both so much, and yes we all know Mom can shop like no other!!

    ReplyDelete