Image Map

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Trend Shopping



Hey y'all-
Let's talk a little about shopping. One of my favorite things to do. I shop everywhere. High end to low end. You're going to notice I wear a name brand piece paired with something from Kohls or some other random find. That's what makes it interesting! Anyone can go into a store and buy an outfit off a mannequin (and most of the time it doesn't look that great anyway, depending on the store.)

When people say, "Oh I can't afford Neiman Marcus." As they just went to Macy's and bought a dress for $100 full-price. You just need to know the sales. I don't buy anything full price (with the exception of Forever 21 and H&M type places.) I'll have another post on when to time sales and when to buy certain items, friends and family sales, etc.

So let's break down my outfit.
Shirt- H&M, $18. Can't beat it. I try not to get too much from there, but I can't help it on trendy pieces. It's a steal, hands down.
Jeans- Rag and Bone, purchased from Scoop. I love Scoop Highland Park Village (and not just because half of the employees are good friends of mine.) It's truly like shopping a fabulous closet. I bought these last fall during Friends and Family 25% off. I will spend money on denim. That's a must. It's worth it, trust me.
Shoes- Elizabeth and James, purchased from Neiman Marcus. On DEEP discount. I got them for under a $100 (normally $350.) I have a lovely lady in the shoe department at Northpark that keeps me informed. Having a good sales associate is sometimes key.

Then a little arm candy with my favorite coffee mug! 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this whole outfit. Especially the shoes! You are the best at finding the good bargains!

    ReplyDelete